– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1/4 tsp. sea salt
– 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
– 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
– 2 packages regular cut bacon (about 2 lbs. total)
– 1/3 cup raw honey
– 1/2 cup prepared (ground) mustard
– 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
– Dash cayenne (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F, making sure the oven rack is about 1/3 away from the oven top. Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with sea salt, ground pepper and garlic powder.
2. Line a baking pan with a baking sheet or foil (to collect dripping). Slice chicken strips to about 1 1/2 inches thick and wrap in a slice of bacon. Place each on a wire rack set over the baking pan.
3. Mix the raw honey, mustard, vinegar and cayenne (optional) in a small mixing bowl until combined.
4. Baste the top of the bacon wrapped chicken strips with the honey mustard mixture and place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove the pan from the oven and flip over the chicken strips with a pair of kitchen tongs. Baste the other side of the strips with the mixture and return to the oven for another 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Remove from oven and serve.