Lasagna is the classic make now, bake later meal, which is why I was excited to find this low-carb version with zucchini slices in place of noodles. You can assemble your entire lasagna over the weekend, and then store it in the fridge or freezer for a later date. When you get home from a long day at the office, just pop it in the oven while you change out of your work clothes and decompress from your busy day. And if you’re looking for a veggie version of this recipe, just swap in some eggplant slices for the layers of ground beef. Super Easy to make and bake!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced ⅛” thick
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 16 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 1 large egg
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground meat in a large skillet over medium heat with onion, garlic, basil, and salt & pepper. Add sauce and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine ricotta, Parmesan, 12 ounces mozzarella, and egg in a bowl and mix.
2. Arrange zucchini slices into the base of a 9×13 baking dish. Layer with half of meat sauce and cheese mixture. Repeat layering and top with final layer of zucchini slices.
3. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.