- 3 (24 oz total) large chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups broccoli floret, cooked, chopped small
- 5 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, water and a little salt. Beat with a fork to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Fill a second bowl with breadcrumbs. Slice chicken breast halves into thin cutlets. You should get about 3 thin cutlets out of one breast half. Pound them to make them thinner if you wish. This helps when you wrap the cutlets.
- Cut each slice of cheese in half. Place a 1/2 slice cheese in the center of the chicken and top with a little broccoli. Wrap chicken around to completely cover cheese, using toothpicks to secure. Season with a little salt.
- Dip chicken into egg wash, then breadcrumbs. Spray cookie sheet with oil and place chicken on cookie sheet
- Lightly spray chicken with oil and bake about 25 minutes, until cooked. Enjoy!