It has been a busy few days at Eaden Project this weekend but here is todays recipe! Super delicious Vegan Muffins! I haven’t posted a vegan recipe yet, so for all you Veganites out there- get baking!
1 TBSP of Chia Seeds
3-4 TBSP of Water
1 ½ Cups of Wholemeal Flour (Any flour will work i.e. Tapioca Flour or Coconut Flour)
2 tsp of baking powder
¼ Tsp of Cinnamon
¾ Cup of maple syrup or agave nectar
1 tsp of Vanilla
1/3 cup of coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup of Almond milk
½ TBSP of Chia Seeds
1 ¼ Cup of fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin pan or grease with coconut oil.
- First make the chia egg. Mix one tablespoon of chia seeds with three tablespoons of water and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Mixture should be thick and egg like. If it is too think add another tablespoon of water
- Combine flour with the baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the Maple syrup and vanilla. DO NOT MIX.
- Place 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil into a 1 cup measuring cup- add the chia egg a d then enough almond milk to fill the cup.
- Pour in the center of the flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries and ½ tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Let rest for a couple of minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!