YUM! Try this healthy Satay Chicken recipe- super easy to make and taste even better!
2-3 Chicken Breasts, sliced
1 x small head Broccoli cut into small florets
1/2-1 zucchini, sliced
1 x large carrot, sliced
1 x teaspoon Crushed Chilli
1 x teaspoon Ground Cumin
2 x teaspoons Crushed Garlic
1 x teaspoon Ground Coriander
1/2 Onion (red or yellow), finely chopped
1.5 x tablespoons Coconut Oil
Juice of half a fresh Lime
3 x tablespoons Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 x tablespoons Coconut Sugar or Natvia
3 x tablespoons Shredded Coconut
I – 2 cups water
- Heat fry pan, add the coconut oil, coriander, cumin, garlic and red onion and fry for about 30seconds. Add the peanut butter, chilli, lime juice, Natvia (or coconut sugar), coconut and Tamari sauce and stir. This will form a paste. Gradually add the water, about 1/2 cup at a time till you get the sauce to a consistency that you like. (more water = runnier sauce)
- Simmer for a few minutes and turn heat off and set aside.
- In another heated pan, place a little coconut oil and a little garlic.
- Add the chicken and brown it up. Add the vegetables and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Pour over the sauce and heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve this in a bowl with a serving with some brown rice or quinoa! ENJOY!!