A spin on the popular Popcorn chicken you get from KFC! Trying this one out tonight for dinner- can’t wait!
2lbs of Boneless Chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard (or grain mustard)
¼ Cup of Arrowroot flour or Tapioca flour
1 tbsp. seasoning (of your choice- calls for chipotle)
½ to 1 tsp. sea salt (to taste)
Oil olive to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray or wipe a large baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray
- Pat Chicken dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into approx. 1-inch cubes
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg, mustard, and salt with the seasoning – mix well
- Add chicken into the egg mixture
- After chicken is coated lightly, dust all chicken with arrowroot/tapioca flour
- Transfer the chicken cubs to the prepared baking sheet. Arrange them close together, but not touching. When all the chicken cubes are on the baking sheet, lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- NOTE: the key to the oven-frying technique as the misting of the oil helps get the perfect golden crunch. Bake for a total of approx. 15 to 20 minutes. Half way through run over the chicken with a spatula or tongs. Continue baking until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and season again with seasoning of your choice
- Enjoy while hot!