This simple, quick and delicious recipe is defiantly one to try! Super easy to make- perfect for the average busy family! I used a few different ingredients and spices, but you can add anything you like to mix it up too! This recipe is Paleo too! See recipe below…
- coconut oil, for greasing baking dish
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (14 ounce) can El Pato enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can of diced green chiles or red (if preferred)
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced (or any color you like) OR you can add in sliced mushrooms if you do not fancy peppers
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- cilantro, to garnish
- goat cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper ) and mix well.
- Then add eggs and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check at 1 hour to see if eggs have completely cooked through and cook extra 15 minutes, if needed.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then garnish with goat cheese (optional) and cilantro.